EVIDENCE FOR A YOUNG EARTH
I just came from a wonderful creation seminar near my home. Presented was a small list of physical evidences that support a young universe. I will share this below but first how are all of you? I pray you are in good standing and enjoying the life God gave you (or at least for the most part, lol!).
Here is a short list with short explanations:
- Comets. A comet is an icy mass that orbits the sun in an elliptical pattern. When a comet moves around the sun it looses a small percentage of its tail. This loss of material
|Halles comet. commons|
- The Sea Floor. Mud accumulates at approximately 400 meters per year. It is estimated that 20 billion tons of mud have entered the oceans so far in history. And 1 billion tons exit the oceans through plate tectonic activity. That means if the earth were several billions years old and 19 billion tons of mud per year entered the oceans, the oceans would cease to exist. They would have become dry land by now. However since we still have very deep oceans, this is physical evidence the earth is young.
|Mississippi delta. wikipedia commons|
- Sea Salt: Sodium enters the oceans at about 450 million tons per year at its current rate. If our earth was billions of years old, the sea would be so salty nothing could live in it.
- DNA. DNA dissipates in approximately 10,000 years. DNA needs regular maintenance in order to survive. That is why your cells are constantly repairing your DNA. Yet
|Carbon cycle courtesy or Answers in Genesis|
- Carbon 14. Carbon 14 (c14) has a half life of 5,700 years. That means no c14 should be detected in fossils after 500,000 years. Yet all fossils contain c14. And significant amounts of it too! Interestingly enough, the same amount of c14 is detected in fossils at the top of the fossil layer (the KT boundary layer) as the fossils at the bottom. Again, evidence of a young earth and a global flood.
I hope this has helped to clarify doubts you may have about the Bible’s authenticity; word for word, cover to cover.
Have a wonderful week and may God bless you all!
Dr. Humphries, PhD, Creation Seminar, 10-2016.